Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crazy for Clothing

I have been a slacker at posting my recent sewing projects on this blog, so I'm going to quickly add them here!

First attempt at a Halter. Turned out way cute, looks even cuter on! It was a gift so I don't have a picture of her wearing it, but just saw her in it today and I can confirm...still cute!

Photobucket

Fabric used above and below I got from my Grandma and she gave me tonz! After using it for two different project Maliyah Begged me to make her something Strawberry! So we saw a picture of a skirt...liked it and tried to imitate it. I have to say it turned out pretty cute! I can't wait to try another twirly skirt!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had an idea in mind what I wanted when starting this top, but had no idea HOW I was going to do it! With that being said it took WAY longer to make than I would ever care to spend on an item of clothing, but golly it sure looks cute on!

And yes I made matching clippies

Photobucket

This dress was my first pillow case dress. WAY super cute, turned out so easy, fit was nearly perfect....I'm learning more about securing my seams for less fraying. This fabric frayed like mad and I had to fix a seam. Bummer! But it will be fun when baby is big enough to wear the matching one with sister!

Photobucket

And of course we had to make the matching bows!

Photobucket

Now, I'm going to have to add a link later for these pants because I totally found the idea on line and loved it...but they are t-shirt pajama pants! They take about 20 minutes to make and are from an old T-shirt. It was so fun to let the kids pick one of Daddy's old T-shirts, draw the pattern themselves, and even push the pedal on the sewing Machine! Maliyah even strung the elastic through them all. And honestly....1 hour and about 10 minutes to make all three and that was with their help! They were pretty proud of themselves.

Photobucket

No comments: